A Career At The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Building a career at Hopkins Bayview offers you an opportunity to work for an institution that maintains one of the strongest and most trusted reputations in health care.
Mission statement of Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center:
• To deliver quality, patient-centered and service-oriented acute, long-term and preventive health care consistent with Hopkins’ standards of excellence in a cost-effective manner.
• To function as an integral component of the Johns Hopkins Health System, operating interdependently with the faculties of The Johns Hopkins University in support of education and research in accordance with the Hopkins mission.
• To provide an environment that attracts and supports outstanding health care professionals dedicated to patient service.
The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center was founded in 1773 and is one of five member institutions in the Johns Hopkins Health System. Hopkins Bayview has a long history of service and medical excellence. It is one of the oldest, continuous health care institutions on the East Coast.
The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center began as an almshouse to evolve into an asylum and eventually became a municipal hospital.
The Medical Center offers a wide range of services which include:
• a trauma center
• neonatal intensive care unit
• nationally renowned geriatrics center
• home to the Johns Hopkins Burn Center, only burn trauma and surgical facility in the region
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center is located in southeast Baltimore and is easily accessible from I-95 and I-895. It is a community teaching hospital. Most physicians at Hopkins Bayview are full-time faculty at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. They offer their expertise through numerous teaching programs which includes a residency program in internal medicine. Nursing students from the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing also come to the Medical Center for hospital-based instruction in acute and long-term care.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center is situated on a 130-acre campus and provides state-of-the-art facilities and expert patient care. It offers quality service to the community.
This article is FREE to publish with the resource box.